Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe Ingredients :
- 6 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper or to taste
- 2 quarts chicken broth or chicken stock
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced or diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups egg noodles, wide variety
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe Instructions :
# Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
# Lay out chicken breast on a baking sheet and coat with olive oil. Use a brush to coat or preferably coat by hand rubbing oil on meat. Season with salt and pepper.
# Cook in oven for 30 to 40 minutes making sure chicken is fully cooked. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
# Heat chicken stock. Simmer stock in an uncovered stock pot or similar pan on stovetop before adding other ingredients.
# While broth or stock is brought to a simmer, cut up chicken breast, cutting meat into medium size cubes.
# Dice celery, slice or dice carrots, and thinly slice green onions.
# Add celery, carrots, green onions, and noodles to broth or stock. When noodles are fully cooked (8 to 10 minutes), add chicken meat and then parsley. Allow to cook for an additional 4 minutes or until meat is heated and serve hot.