THAI CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe Ingredients
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 150g thin rice noodles or mung bean thread vermicelli
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 x 3-4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced thinly, then cut into skinny strips
- 2 x 15ml tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 fresh long red chilli, de-seeded and cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon soft brown sugar
- 2 x 15ml tablespoons lime juice
- leftover chicken, shredded - approx. 150g (about 2 breakfast cupfuls, loosely packed)
- 250g tender-shoot stir-fry or other assorted vegetables
- 2-3 x 15ml tablespoons chopped fresh coriander, to serve
Put the chicken stock in a good-sized pan to heat up.
Put the noodles in a bowl and pour boiling water over or cook as instructed on the packet.
Add the remaining ingredients, except the vegetables, to the pan and bring to a boil.
When the chicken is piping hot, add the vegetables and when they are tender – a minute or two should be plenty if you’re using the tender shoots – add the drained noodles. Or simply divide the noodles between bowls and pour the soup over them.
Serve sprinkled with chopped fresh coriander....enjoy the chicken noodle soup recipe !
Chicken Noodle soup recipe : grandmas-chicken-noodle-soup.