Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe Ingredients :
- 1 package Ramen noodles (or 1 cup soup noodles)
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated carrots
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated celery
- 1 tablesppon dehydrated peas
- 1 teaspoon dehydrated onions
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated mashed potato flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dry garlic powder
- Sprinkle of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- 1 chicken bouillon cube or 1 teaspoon chicken soupbase
- 1 tablespoon powdered milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dehydrated butter powder
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 quarts water
- 1 can coconut milk (optional)
- 1/2 cup dehydrated eggs (for Egg Drop soup)
- Parmesan cheese
With this soup mix on hand, all you'll need is a little water and a few minutes of cooking time and you'll be saying "Soup's Ready!" before you know it.
This is wonderful to have on hand for emergencies or to take on camping or boating trips (omit the eggs for camping). Can be portioned into serving sized water-tight storage packets (such as Seal-A-Meal and Food Saver) or use Ziploc bags. Store larger quantities in quart sized canning jars or air-tight plastic containers.
Leave a few in the SUV for heating up in those plug-in hot coffee cups (be sure to leave enough time for all ingredients to rehydrate).
Preparing the mix:
Break up the ramen noodles into small bits (discard flavoring packet or use for something else).
Combine all dry ingredients (everything above the first line in the ingredients list). Do not add the dehydrated eggs.
Store dry ingredient mixture in an airtight container, storing dehyrdrated eggs in a Ziploc bag inside container. The dehydrated eggs are used only for making the Egg Drop Soup version (listed below), so they may be omitted entirely from recipe.
If using for camping, divide into small portions and put an equal portion into small bags.
To serve, add water and canned coconut milk (if using) to dry mixture. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Optional Egg Drop Soup: Combine dehydrated eggs with enough water and grated Parmesan cheese to make a thick mixture. Bring soup to a boil again (after soup is fully cooked). Drizzle egg mixture into boiling soup. Do not stir. Remove from heat when egg is cooked and serve sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.